The first week of the Australia A-League soccer season is here. While I don’t follow it as closely as Rugby League, Cricket, or a whole bunch of other sports, I do keep one eye on it. Keeping a little distance from the game seems to help with my betting too as most weekends I’ll come out in front. I put smaller bets on Australian soccer but percentage wise I often do better than sports that I watch more closely!
- Melbourne Victory vs Western Sydney Wanderers – I went with a Victory win @ Centrebet $2.25 (W)
Melbourne won 4-1
- Central Coast Mariners vs Newcastle Jets – This one could go either way. I couldn’t decide which team to pick so I went with a draw @ Centrebet $3.40 (L)
Central Coast won 1-0. This could have easily been 0-0! Mitchell Duke said “I think the boys fought it out quite well for the first round and we’re happy to get the three points. To be fair I was just lucky, I just made the run and it was a cheeky little tap in and I’ll take it.”
- Sydney FC vs Melbourne City – This should be another tight one, but I’m going with Sydney FC for the win @ Centrebet $2.50
1-1 Draw. Damn you David Villa, that was Sydney’s game! (L)
- Wellington Phoenix vs Perth Glory – I’m going with Wellington as it’s their home ground, but won’t be surprised if Perth gets up @ Centrebet $2.35
Perth Glory wins 2-1 (L)
- Brisbane Roar vs Adelaide United – I’m thinking Brisbane will roar home in their own backyard @ Centrebet $1.83
Adelaide United win 2-1 (L)
Update: Annnnd, what a terrible weekend. One win from 5 matches! I’m glad they were only $5 bets. I usually don’t bet on the first round or two of any series.
I enjoyed watching the NSW Blues win by a few balls today against the Queensland Bulls in the Matador One-Day Cup. Winning